Friday, January 28, 2005

Mouse MIA

Sorry for the long hiatus; my mother is losing her battle with alcoholism, and we're in kind of an end-game situation, so I've been keeping my head down.

Not much stuff to report; I knitted Kitten something for Christmas, but am going to see her for the first time this weekend, so she gets that... Um...

Oh, I know what I can tell you! I got two copies of Vivian Høxbro's Shadow Knitting for Christmas! While I was excited by the instructions in the book, the patterns didn't thrill me as much as I had hoped. And why would I need two?

So I returned one, and got Knitting on the Edge, by Nicky Epstein. I've wanted this book since it came out. And I was not disappointed! I love this book; with so many different edges, I'll be busy for a while.

I've decided I love knit in fringe. I want so much to make something with this super cool technique. The trick (I've learned) is to knit a panel on the edge of your project, ie, add twenty or so stitches to one side of the knitting, and, when you're done, drop those stitches instead of binding them off. A-laddering they will go, all the way down... and then you can cut the loops left over or not, as you see fit. Awesome! This had to have been a mistake at first...

Thanks for all the comments about my hair; the general consensus was #7, but upon talking to my hairdresser, I decided that the chemical treatments I'd have to get to make my hair that straight weren't for me. Plus that's a lot more fixing than I like to do. SO for now, I'm just a boring old long-hair...

Someday I'll be a domestic shorthair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home