Wednesday, October 20, 2004

No-Show Craft Show...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. And :P to a ceritan person who mocked me for having my birthday mouse up for 10 days.

Last weekend was the craft show I've been working so hard for! I drove down to Long Beach friday night. Took me 3 hours. Ick. But oh well.

Stayed up late Friday with Kitten to finish a hat and get stuff ready. Went to bed at 3 am. Got up at 7 to go to the show. Set up with Kitten and her friend.

We are a bit disgruntled because they've moved our booth. We're now in a corner, next to the men's room, with one side of our L-shaped table butting against the men's room door and blocked by a flower trellis.

But we're happy. Craft sale! I have my hand knits, Kitten has her purses and blankets, and Kitten's friend has these hand made boxes that were wonderful.

Here's me at the table:

Here's me after 2 hours, with no sales:
After 3 hours:
After 4 hours:
After the sale, when nobody bought anything:
Didn't get a single sale. I'm dissipointed. So is kitten. But... I have christmas presents now, I guess...
So... Yey, I have 5 Christmas presents done!
To cheer myself up, I pushed really hard to finish my grandmother's birthday present: a bag made from fabric I bought for her long ago.
This is the finished bag:
And it has pockets!
This is a bag from Simplicity pattern 7161:
Not too hard, but the hardest thing I've ever sewn. I hope she likes it!

2 Comments:

At October 21, 2004 at 8:40 AM, Blogger jenifleur said...

That SUCKS! It's going around, too. Elaine at Frog It! had the exact same experience and Teresa at Hatamaran did poorly at her recent show. All those people who passed you up at the show are going to regret it in a few weeks when they're holiday shopping. They'll be like "damn, why didn't I buy some of that great stuff those ladies had in Long Beach?" Is there a show closer to the holidays you guys could do? You've got the inventory...

See you this weekend at Marching Through History? I understand our encampments are close to one another.

 
At October 22, 2004 at 12:40 AM, Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

I had that happen with a Calligraphy show once. Discouraging. But at least I had a nice afternoon to sit and watch people.... Somebody posted a link to your page and said you had a "stupid button" that you allowed others to use.... Uh,I'm interested....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home