Friday, December 17, 2004

Can't Hitchhike anymore

Because all my towels were stolen. All of them. Three loads of towels, phht, gone.

Now I can't Hitchhike. Bummer. I should stand outside a wallmart and hold up a sign that says "Disadvangated knitter, has no towels. Please help and god bless." Guess I have to change my christmas list!

I couldn't stand not knitting anymore. I pulled a pattern of the web, tinkered with it, charted a pattern, and knit up the first of the Heritic Gloves, as i'm calling them. Here's the first one, held together with a pencil:


The recepient has bigger hands than me. Than I? I can never remember that grammar rule.

Here's a close up of the pattern I charted. As I am calling them the Heritic Gloves, you can guess what the symboligy* is there.


What? the back? Sure!


The highlighted floats are where my brain took a vacation and I somehow didn't twist them in. I'm going to tack them down before I seam them up.

And Libs and I went to my first 'stitch and bitch', at Anacapa Fine Yarns, in Ventura. They were very nice, and we chatted. Of course, they thought we were freaks, which I guess we are, but they liked us anyway.

At one point the left half of the table was all L names: Lois, Lucy?, Linda, Lindsey, Libby... It was quite strange.

I'm going to go cast on for the second Heritic Glove. God, it feels good to knit again!

*name the movie and you might get a prize!

3 Comments:

At December 19, 2004 at 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how did you manage to get three loads of towels stolen? I'm confused.

Plus did you know that Disney is making a H2G2 animated movie?

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/index.html

RtW

 
At January 28, 2005 at 1:26 PM, Blogger brittany said...

it's "than i"

cause you would say "the recipient has bigger hands than i do." you wouldn't say "than me do."

 
At February 16, 2005 at 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhmm, sorry, Brittany. It's "than me" or "than I do"; the verb "do" is not understood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home