Friday, August 13, 2004


Anybody else going? Kitten and I are.

Feel free to steal the sidebar button if you're going. We should meet up somewhere. I'm going to try to collect all the names of the bloggers who are going. If you are, or know somebody who is, drop me a comment and I'll add you to the list!

In other news I'm almost done with the yellow Sophie bag I started long ago. I've also decided that since I'm no longer following the sophie pattern, and never did in the first place (I eyeballed the numbers) that I'm not going to call it a Sophie bag. It bears no resemblance to the original, and I don't want people to look at the disaster my bag will probaly be and go "Ew, the Sophie bag sucks!"

The Sophie was the inspiration for my bag, but I'm going in a different direction.

What's so different about mine? Well, aside from the fact that it's the same size (roughly), everything. My bag won't have the twisted I-cord handle. I'm going to knit up to the lip, then make a kind of sloping decrease into the handle on both sides. When that's done, I'm thinking about adding a blue crochet edging around the handle and lip of the bag. I also might add a pocket or 50. I've always wanted to cut a hole in my knitting and pick up the stitches on the inside of the bag, making a pocket that doesn't bulge outward. And the 'lips' of the pockets might just be lined in blue, as well. And maybe a pocket on the outside as well, for change and such.


Here's the design pic I made.



I'm in the market for a new name for the bag. Any suggestions? Right now it's called the "Not-Sophie bag."

3 Comments:

At August 13, 2004 at 3:46 PM, Blogger jenifleur said...

Hey, Mouse-
As you saw on the blog, we do have a Sat morning breakfast meetup for local bloggers (and friends. and KR folks)in the works. We've been working on trying to arrange some way of meeting folks we've heretofore only known via internet for awhile now. You know how it is, nothing works for everyone, but if you guys can make it out early, we'd love to have you. We haven't finalized a time or place, but we will post it on the blog when we do. We're thinking roughly 8:15 am, possibly at the Broadway Deli on 3rd St. Promenade, but we aren't positive yet. I'm hoping to nail down details very soon so people can make plans. Hope to see you there!

 
At August 20, 2004 at 8:30 AM, Blogger jenifleur said...

Well, we laid out our plans for the breakfast meetup and hope to see you and kitten there! We're expecting Wendy from Spaazlicious and MJ from Yummy Yarn for sure, let us know if you guys can make it and we'll save some seats for you.

 
At August 20, 2004 at 8:32 AM, Blogger jenifleur said...

er-sorry, didn't say what the plans were! 1457 3rd Street Promenade at 8:30/9:00-ish. Breakfast/coffee/knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home