Thursday, May 06, 2004

...

Dyeing experiment went well. Screaming purple on the linen. Will post pictures when it's all put together.

Poor Wendy. People are being... stupid. Come on, people! It's a copyrighted pattern! I made Wendy a button...



A few thoughts on this:

A) Copyright is good. Copyright makes it possible for people to design stuff and get paid for it. This is a Very Good Thing (to paraphrase Big Evil).

B) It's a poncho. A poncho, people. How hard can it possibly be? The reason that particular poncho is neat is the yarns, and you can pick yarns out, can't you? I mean, come on! I did a search and found 342 hits with "knit poncho" pattern free. Poke around a bit. I mean, come on! A poncho is two rectangles attached in such a way that your head fits through a hole it the middle. Make up your own! It's not like this is a pattern that uses extensive charts and patterns, and has lots of little tricky bits that you couldn't possibly figure out on your own.

I guess that's what's bugging me about this. I'm not the smartest pumpkin in the patch, but I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to make a poncho. Especially with the pictures that people have provided. Don't be stupid. Use your brain. If you don't want to buy that pattern, make up your own! Maybe then you'll have 32 people a day ask you for that pattern, and you can say:

Don't be stupid. Be creative.

This rant brought to you by mouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home