Sunday, November 23, 2003

I have seen the face of yarn god, and it is Velona Needleworks.

Ok, maybe not, but it's the best I've ever seen, down here in Southern Ca, where yarns stores seem to be few and far between.

Velona Needleworks... my god, it's a saphic orgy of yarn.

My friend took me there because it was her birthday, and I told her she could go to any store and spend 40$. Of course she picked a yarn store!

So I walk in, and stop dead. The store is huge (compaired to the 'yarn closets' i'm used to), and packed to the ceiling with yarn. Every type of yarn i've ever heard of was there, in bags and shelves and boxed. From Lambs pride to trendstter, lace weight to super bulky. Cheap acrilic was there, shoved into a nook at the back. Eyelash, glitter, fur, railroad, flashing before my bedazzled eyes. Casmear and angora items beged to be touched. Every surface, vertical, horizontal, or diaganal, covered with kits and bags and patterns and yarn.

Oh so much yarn.

yarngasm, from both of us.

So we poke around for a little while, and next thing we know, one of the boy pops in and says we've been gone for an hour, the babies are crying, are we almost done?

An hour? It felt like moments... The alien abduction of fiber people can be done with yarn.

We touch, and talk, and ooo, and ahhh at everything. She can't decide what she wants, and i'm picking up things, putting them in my basket, and then returning them for something else I can't leave behind. We're drownding in choices... and loving it.

Eventualy we find ourselves at the counter, and she puts her little stack of yarn up there, and I find myself with only one (1) skein and 2 sets of needles. How the hell did I do that? the store isn't the cheapest, so we tried to get the most from our money.

Anyway, here's what I got. One skein of Trendsetter CIAO, a neeto ribbon-type yarn that looks like a little tiny knitted tube. I got it in the Brown/black Leopard colorway, and it's the softest thing I've ever felt. It's wonderful!

More later. I wanted to share my yarn love with yall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home